This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Trill Tremolo by MOD Kits

Here's another layout for a MOD pedal, the Trill Tremolo. On board pots and LED resistor to reduce the offboard wiring mess. I built this one this past summer and I liked the way it sounds, though the Speed control should probably be a reverse log pot. Haven't had the opportunity to experiment there yet. Here's a demo of the MOD kit:





The layout is verified and here's a few pics from my build.







15 comments:

  1. I've made something based on this layout and a schematic I've found online. I really like how it sounds.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQknuDFLPII

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it possible to replace mpsa18 with 2n2222 just like em-drive?
    i'm running out of mpsa18 and socket... :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could try the 2222s, but higher gain transistors are a better route to go. 2N5088/5089 or BC550c would be good subs.

      Delete
    2. awesome, I got plenty of 2n088 and bc550c.
      thanks brother, it will be my next project

      Delete
  3. Hi man,
    I have built it but all I got was clean sound when I turned it on. Any idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guessing the LFO isn't working right for you. Here's the schematic:

      http://i.imgur.com/n5tE8Is.png

      The LFO is the bottom 2 transistor. Make sure the components going there are good.

      Delete
  4. Hello, I too have a clean output signal, a noise, like running, but there is no effect. All carefully checked several times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there an easy mod to add a blinking led to this that changes with the intensity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really an easy mod with the existing board, but I think the LED would go between the collector of Q3 and the other components it connects to.

      Delete
  6. Hello storyboardist! I'm again with another noob question, i'm thinking to take on this tremolo next weekend, but the 100uf capacitor don't appear in MOD schematic, what is their purpose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's there for power filtering. Not completely necessary, but a good thing to include.

      Delete
  7. I just finished this board but when I tried that speed control was gradually disappearing while I was playing a guitar and, besides I noticed in your actual picture without the 100k resistor next to 100nf so I'm plotting. I hope you can help me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What i means the speed tone control was .....

    ReplyDelete
  9. there are not signal on q2, what i have to do?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete