This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Vox Treble Booster

The Vox Treble Booster was a simple silicon treble boost effect that plugged straight into an amp's input jack. It allowed the user a boost in high frequencies for lead work. I laid this one out to use as a built in effect on a guitar (hence the lack of a power filtering cap and polarity protection). Note that the 10uF cap is on its side to reduce the height of the populated board. It should easily fit in a 1590A. If you want a volume control use a 100k pot with the Out pad going to lug 3. Lug 2 becomes the Out and lug 1 goes to ground. I found that I really didn't need a volume pot though, as the effect level was right around unity.




11 comments:

  1. I builded this pedal and works fine, thank for effectslayouts.blogspot.com.br!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this transistor NPN or PNP?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I build it, and it doesn't work for me. All I get is a very very quiet signal (I have to crank my amp like crazy to hear something when the effect is on). I substituted the 500pf capacitor to 470pf but I don't think that's the problem because I've seen mods of this build going as high as 2200pf. If you guys have any idea of my problem, please help me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how to remove the noise humbuzz what can i do ??? change components or add something??? help me please thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. 560pF worked for me, also y put 2n5088 and then 2n3904 and it magically worked. It haves a lot of noise, hope it works better on a box

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't understand why not works. I built this exactly but it not sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I built this but it's a lot of noise. Can anyone get the answer to reduce or even to remove the noise? O have to change the 10uf to 47uf and take off the 1M resistor but it still not eliminate the noise

    ReplyDelete