This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

SoulSonic FX Hunny Bunny

Here's another design by Martin from Soul Sonic FX. Here's what he had to say about it over on FreeStompboxes:

It's a cool little hybrid combo of an opamp driving a MOSFET. It has a great range of drive, from light and crunchy to thick and heavy. At it's highest settings, some people might consider it a distortion, I guess it just depends on how hot your pickups are. You can see some fun tricks used in this circuit; subtle things that give it the special charm it has. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Thanks for the layout, I built it with TL071 and 2N7000. I could play with it with the gain control all the way down, otherwise it is very harsh and noisy. Maybe my fault or a bad component. I read that a post presence control could cure it, maybe I will try it someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh. Wonder if that 301 chip is just that much less "gainy" than an 071 or what. Thanks for the report.

      Delete