This is a library of perfboard and single-sided PCB effect layouts for guitar and bass. I'm not an electrical engineer by any stretch of the imagination, just a DIY'er who likes drawing layouts. It is meant for the hobbyist (so commercial use of any of these layout is not allowed without permission) and as a way to give back to the online DIY community.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Menatone Red Snapper

Gotten a few requests for this one. It's a based on the Tube Screamer, but without the input and output buffers and a modified tone section. I've laid it out for board mounted pots and the electrolytic caps are folded on their sides.


7 comments:

  1. Finished my "fishfactory" today - combined the Blue Collar with the Red Snapper. Works fine. Just one question: the gain knob needs to be turned up to nearly 50% before any gain gets in (I mean distorted / overdriven sound). I don´t know, if the original works like this. At Ivlarks site, it´s mentioned to leave lug 3 of the gain-pot not connected to anything....any hints? thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to try swapping out the gain pot for a linear taper 1M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx....you made my day :-) works fantastic. I roughly combined the 2 pcbs, got 8 pots in a 1590bb, 2 dpdt switches....no battery (I usually use a powersupply). awesome!

      Delete

  3. Good morning I did this pedal, plus it had a potentiometer that did not work (cut)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Could you make two PCBs for me? I would pay for your pcb work and shipping to Canada.

    Menatone Red Snapper and Menatone None More Black

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoot me an email. Addy is in the comments over on the General Layout Notes tab.

      Delete
  5. Hello!!
    I want to mount this pedal but the version of three pots, without cut control.
    Can it be done without problems or is it another circuit design?
    thanks in advance and greetings friend

    ReplyDelete